Apply For Community First Grant
Community First in Wibsey has secured £33910.00 over 4 years on a ‘matched contribution’ basis for the Wibsey electoral ward. The panel awarded £5624 to local projects in Round 1 2011-12.
We have opened Round 4 with a budget of £11309 with two deadlines:
|Round 4||Deadline||Panel Meeting|
|Round 4.1||30.05.2014||11.06.14 (Please note this meeting will now be help on 30th July 2014)|
We welcome bids up to £1000 and actively encourage smaller bids that could be typically £500 or less. The panel will make recommendations of which bids to support but as the rules are set by the government, the final decision on awarding the grant will be made by the Community Development Foundation (CDF). If you have a larger bid in mind please talk to us and we will try to help.
The amounts allocated to each year are as follows:
Year 1: 1stFebruary 2012 – 30st April 2012 = £5624
Year 2: 1st April 2012 – 31st March 2013 = £8489
Year 3: 1st April 2013 – 31st March 2014 = £8488
Year 4: 1st April 2014 – 31st March 2015 = £11309 (The panel meet 3 times a year and the first deadline is 30 May 2014.)
This is a “match programme” and funding will be allocated to have an impact on the local priorities as agreed by the Panel. See ‘Priorities‘ page for more information.
Please do not be put off by the ‘Match Funding’ requirement, as we are seeking to work with groups who have ideas. So if you have an idea that fits the priorities but are unsure HOW to match fund it, contact us to talk it over.
To get funding your group or organisation must
- Be a not-for-profit, third sector voluntary or community group
- Be connected with and/or meeting the needs of the local community
- Have a bank account with 2 signatories OR nominate an organisation which has a bank account with 2 signatories to hold funds on its behalf
- Have a governing document that has as a minimum the name, aim/purpose, objects, a dissolution clause for the organisation, a list of trustees/committee members, and trustees/committee member signatures. New groups are not required to have this in place but should agree to develop one.
- Provide evidence of significant community participation in their application through the group’s matched element to the project
- Show that the project is in line with the priorities identified for the ward see ‘Priorities‘ page for more information.
Completed Project Proposal Forms or any queries should be sent to:
2 Elizabeth Close